North Yorkshire Police is appealing for victims or witnesses to come forward after the incident outside McDonald’s in Blake Street in the early hours of Tuesday, April 1.
A police spokesperson said two males had been arrested on suspicion of assault, public order, and assaulting a police officer.
They added: “We believe several others, both inside and outside the restaurant, may have been assaulted during the incident.
“If you were assaulted or witnessed the incident, we urge you to come forward.”
Anyone with information should email John.Armstrong@northyorkshire.police.uk, or alternatively, contact North Yorkshire Police on 101 and ask for John Armstrong.
You can also report anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via its website.
When providing information, please quote reference 12250056989.
- Two males, both aged 20, were arrested on suspicion of serious assault, public order, and assaulting a police officer, police said. They have been released on bail while investigations continue.